Shakespeare on the Plaza 2018
Please note, this event has expired.
Enjoy a free public theatre program and spend an enchanting evening on Civic Plaza Thursdays – Sundays from June 8 – July 1. The City of Albuquerque and The Vortex Theatre present “As You Like It” and “The Merry Wives of Windsor” this summer. Grab a bite from a local food truck at this family-friendly event and experience classical theatre as it clashes with the urban cityscape of Downtown Albuquerque..
Additional information about Shakespeare on the Plaza can also be found here.
Come experience theatrical lighting, sound and a fully-costumed play of roughly two hours in length. Because seats are limited, feel free to bring your own lawn chairs and enjoy true theatre.
Shows are Thursday, Friday and Saturday, starting at 7:45 p.m.
- Friday, June 8 – As You Like It
- Saturday, June 9 – Merry Wives of Windsor
- Sunday, June 10 – As You Like It
- Thursday, June 14 – As You Like It
- Friday, June 15 – Merry Wives of Windsor
- Saturday, June 16 – As You Like It
- Sunday, June 17 – Merry Wives of Windsor
- Thursday, June 21 – Merry Wives of Windsor\
- Friday, June 22 – As You Like It
- Saturday, June 23 – Merry Wives of Windsor
- Sunday, June 24 – As You Like It
- Thursday, June 28 – As You Like It
- Friday, June 29 – Merry Wives of Windsor
- Saturday, June 30 – As You Like It
- Sunday, July 1 – Merry Wives of Windsor
Paid parking is available in the garage immediately beneath the plaza. Street parking as well as a variety of parking garages are available in the area.
Roberto E. Rosales/Journal Emma Montoya and Sam Lewis, center, rehearse on Civic Plaza for the upcoming Shakespeare on the Plaza. email@example.com Wed Jun 07 10:59:40 -0600 2017 1496854777 FILENAME: 612882.jpg
1 Civic Plaza NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102